Thursday, July 30, 2009

Accomplishments... Questionmark

Question mark because I don't really know if I should call these accomplishments.

I've been reading "The Little Lady Agency," a chick-flick type of book. I haven't read a chick-flick or watched a chick-flick in a long while, so I have to say it's been quite entertaining. I'm having good laughs with this one :)

I'm also getting more active on my DeviantART account again, which is good news to me. I'm planning on doing more comic strips and jewelry crafts, and hopefully making this the central blog to explain thoughts about them as I see fit.

House dance has been MARVELOUS. The class is over; Monday's was the last day. But boy was it a great last day; we got into a circle and danced one by one in the middle, then groups of four or so to get comfortable with dancing and grooving to the beat. The teacher was great, the vibe was great, the people were phenomenal. I'm loving the dance.

I also went to the breakdance session last night, and that place is PACKED. So many people go there, especially now that it's the summer - and not just so many people, but so many good people go. They're really amazing. I managed to whip out my sketchbook and do quite a bunch of gestural sketches to jot down moves and body positions, but was sadly intimidated myself to practice for long. I did go out there and bust some moves, but I was also just fascinated by watching everyone else's styles and power moves.

I leave this message with a little video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjkAq3LWwOs

1 comment:

  1. dude the move at 0:57-1:00 is RLY HARD to do correctly.
    BTW did i tell you the dance studio I'm at right now has a guy that house-dances, he's a bit stiff but he's so good. His name is Jeff Laconico, he's all over youtube.

    ReplyDelete