Thursday, July 16, 2009

Trouble trouble

Nothing much happened yesterday except that I cooked, washed, and drove my sister around to her various activities. In between, I finished erasing stray pencil lines on my comic and shading in what I wanted shaded.

At some point I was waiting for my mom to come home so she could take me to her office to finally scan these large comic pages in her scanner since ours was too small, and my dad calls into the window from outside, "Caroline! Come out and help me a second." Apparently our watering system suffered an injury and so part of our backyard was dying from thirst. We hoisted buckets and went around manually watering the poor things, several roses and a beautiful but dejected-looking maple.

My mom took me to her office sometime in the evening, and the chaos began. She'd left her work laptop at home, so we couldn't access the scanner, and she went back home to get it. In the meantime, I was trying to see if I could somehow hook my own computer into the system, but clearly failed.

When my mom got back with the laptop, it was time for excitement. I kept worrying along the way - a scanner on a copying machine?? It scans into PDF files?? Does it go t 300 dpi??

Eventually the scanning started.

Unfortunately, while I could convert the PDF files into images, and the scanner scanned at 300 dpi, and the process went quickly, the one snag was that it only scanned "black and white" and had no "grayscale" option.

There goes all my shading effort into huge masses of black and white...

I am now in the process of scanning them a piece at a time into my small scanner at home, after which I'll have to stitch the images together.




To the right is a preview of the terrible disaster that is "black and white":







"No one's gonna take me alive..."

1 comment:

  1. Ah, jeez. That sucks that you have to go through so much trouble!

    ReplyDelete