Thursday, July 23, 2009

Woah there, Google

I went on Google today to search for something, and look what popped up:

Yes, that's right. Google's page was illustrated for Comic-Con San Diego. I am actually shocked; I've only seen Google change its page for holidays, never for something such as a comic convention! Quite a revelation. I admit I'm somewhat amused and happy about it, actually.

I guess when you think about it, the event IS pretty big - for one thing, the tickets always sell out way beforehand, and big names probably attend each year. I hear Hayao Miyazaki's going to be there this year... (sense my underlying tones of jealousy for anyone who sees him.)

Also, maybe Google has some sort of mechanism for getting your own advertising on that page... wonder how much effort it would take to get some sort of "Caroline" day on there...

1 comment:

  1. It's funny you bring this up because Google actually has a dedicated design team whose sole purpose is to find events and design logos, and its different for every country/region. Isn't that crazy!?

    And there aren't many people on the team. I think the guy said there were 9 people. Maybe you should consider applying :P

    ReplyDelete