Sunday, July 19, 2009

Life: A Fruitful Couple of Days

Well, two days ago I finished my comic and submitted it to the competition. I'm still feeling quite accomplished because of the amount of effort I dished into that project, and now I'm raring to work on the rest of my projects that have accumulated.

The past couple of days has been productive on some levels in terms of work. I've been around people for most of the time, but my artsy friends allow me plenty of time to doodle as we chat, Quinkee with her drawings and Sim with her knitting. I have a couple of sketches waiting to be colored, one to be digitally inked and colored (and that I'm quite excited to finish). Perhaps I will post the sketch here in this post... ?

Last night was definitely a tops - me and Sameera got to go and see Erica for the first time in a long, long while. I was joking earlier with Erica about how we saw each other more often during the hectic college freshman school year and that once school was over, for some reason we didn't see each other afterward. I blame it on her school being semester system and mine being on quarter system; I think by the time I got out of school, she was already back doing summer school...

Whatever the case, a grand stroll in the dark through the not-so dangerous streets this time (unlike the night before, on my freaky though fun escapade with Quinkee through a definitely more shady part of town), and I felt some sense of accomplishment for finally having seen her again. I really missed that girl.

Oh, and did I mention, I saw some hilarious photographs that Sameera brought over of her parents in their younger years? Of course, she had to use my scanner because they didn't have one, but it was definitely worth it for me.

As projects come along and go, I'll for sure keep up with project updates. I just don't have any scanned sketches of the ones I'm definitely working on right now, and a few things still are being kept under wraps ;D That's called a surprise.

And actually, instead of a sketch that I can't seem to find, you are getting an oekaki I drew ages ago that I believe is already on one of my deviantART accounts:

No comments:

Post a Comment