Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Saturdays and Yesterday

It's Monday night, and I'm sitting at home among stacks of items from my dorm room. In week, I'll be leaving for studying abroad in Berlin. It's bitter-sweet, to use a cliche.

I spent Saturday with Jonathan, after saying goodbye to Angela and watching her ride off for a family bike ride around campus. (I daresay Stanford's grounds are real fun to bike around.)

Something you miss when you're always in class is taking your time. In no hurry, it's so much easier to relax and enjoy another person's company and the environment around you. I suppose that's how we ended up in San Francisco later than people usually take to get to the city since people typically spend the whole day, but I don't feel we really missed anything.



Taking the Caltrain and then walking to Pier 39 along the shore came as a new experience, even though I could swear I'd been there before, considering the many times I've been to Fisherman's Warf. There were octopi and turtles,



tall buildings that Jonathan wanted to eventually live in,


fantastic bridges on gorgeous skies and their reflections,



and food that we happily ate. Sadly we didn't get the chance meet up with Francisco, but it was good to hear that he was enjoying his time with his program.



The sun was setting when we finished dinner, and I saw some glorious light hit the boats docked by Pier 39. It's also quite interesting to see how differently you can edit the same light to look so different in a photograph...



 After a wander around Ghiradelli Square and an exciting bus ride through the city because the driver was one fiesty old Asian man, we rode the Caltrain home.


No comments:

Post a Comment