Saturday, March 27, 2010

Carologica in Wonderland

Last Sunday I went to a fabulous art show. My mom's coworker was performing there, and knowing how much I enjoy art, she invited me to come along. After browsing their website, I was intrigued.

I was surprised but delighted to find that the show was actually hosted by a couple in their own home - and judging by the outside decorations, I was in for a unique treat.



Entering the building, we heard a lovely voice singing to electric piano, and saw a beautifully decked out hallway.



I loved how they painted the floors, and the hanging and lighting were amazing. I didn't imagine such a gallery!


Flowers sprouted from couches,


and the hallway lead up to the small door.





The lights inside the room changed colors. I think a little Alice wanted to get even smaller to go in...
Lucky for her, there were "drink me" bottles at the ready.


The rooms and floors were absolutely stunning,




the artworks too many to properly display here,





and the hosts completely playing their part. The hostess with her great headpiece,


the host with his fabulous get up. And look, a white queen, perhaps?


It was a wonderful experience to browse the Alice in Wonderland themed work as singers played in the background. I look forward to what they come up with for next year's theme!
http://www.canvasghost.com/Home.html

No comments:

Post a Comment