Friday, February 5, 2010

The Very Short Tale of a Pillowcase

Something else I occupied myself with over winter break was this simple pillow case. Well, I thought it was relatively simple to take strips of cloth and sew them in a quilt-like manner, but took a surprisingly long time (and much "Stop thinking and worrying Carol, just do it!").

It started off with chunks of cloth.

 

Progressed somewhat to more shapely figures.


And steadily, I sewed the edges of the individual pieces together. As an accidentally added bonus, this photograph includes most of my comfortable setup in the living room.


Finally, a bit of a closer photograph (with my feet poking in at the bottom, haha).

 

:) Hurray! Although there seem to have been no photos of the back, which I found extremely interesting to create. Perhaps I'll retrieve the pillow and take better photos of it for later...

No comments:

Post a Comment