Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Color Wheel Opposites


These were a lot of fun to make. I found this gorgeous photo of a lilac and yellow flower in a magazine. My only problem with the photo was that it was too small to be made into something large and substantial, and I was feeling vaguely in an abstract sort of mood that day.

So, of course, I started cutting it into little rectangles and squares, after which I fiddled with them on my desk, trying to figure out what would look best.

I ended up creating the necklace pendant first. I think I meant for it to be an earring, but unfortunately I didn't have enough of the photo to make the same size arrangement and settled for using it as a necklace pendant. I decided to complete the set, so I used the other scraps to make the earrings.

I think the actual date of this set was last summer, probably August sometime (2008), while I was waiting for college to begin. All my friends were on the semester system, and here I was, waiting for my quarter system school to begin a good month after they'd all departed. This year's even longer; without freshman orientation, the wait is nearly a week longer! Ah, quarter system.

No comments:

Post a Comment