Tuesday, May 18, 2010

High Tea

Sometime a few weeks ago (or was it last week? I can't remember, the days are all a blur), we took a trip over to Potsdamer Platz for a nice lunch of High Tea.

At the Ritz-Carlton. Yes, I was rather shocked too, and was afraid to see the bill in the aftermath. To relieve you of any distressed suspense, the total for each person came out to 10 Euros each. According to one of our friends, it would have been 14 had he friend not used his "points system," and goodness knows if I know what that means.

But that's all besides the point, because what I wanted to share was the delicious photographs I took of the meal, all of which I took great pleasure in photographing at close quarters. (Hooray, macro mode!)

I haven't blogged about food practically at all here, so I thought it was time for one :)

Tea with your sugar, miss?


Yes, please!


And a little appetizer, just to start off with; mozzarella and tomato should do the trick.


But we know what you came here for, and here it is my dears.


Voila, the first few floors of the tower.


I think this one merits a little closer inspection.


A few sweets, of course, are in order.


There's a little surprise in the center.


And, if you know me, you know I'm a sucker for fruit-tarts, both for their aesthetic and for their taste.


The beaker had a crunchy, chocolatey surprise at the bottom, once you passed the peach and the cream.


Zum Schluss, we have an interesting strawberry creme brulee.


I also wonder at the Asian theme of the tea area; the waitress was clad in a Chinese dress that matched the furniture.


No mad hatters here, unless you count us. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment