Thursday, December 10, 2009

And so the quarter ends

With my last final out of the way, school has officially ended for the quarter.
I now have time to realize that my blog is most unfortunately unattended; it seems schoolwork and the like have taken up a great portion of my time.

I have acquired some new toys for my craft kit, however. They include an interesting fabric glue that I am dying to test out (I even have the shirts ready for my attack), a cute pair of pliers, and organizing boxes from Daiso for my various crafting odds and ends. I cleaned out my supplies yesterday and realized that they are getting out of hand; later on they will be sorted into the boxes and I won't have to deal with plastic bags floating everywhere anymore!

In the time that I did manage to scrounge for some craft-viewing pleasure, I discovered that I really enjoy Make's little video episodes. Here is one I really enjoyed (among so many!): It features the work of Reuben Margolin. I'm fascinated by how he combines mechanics with aesthetics - using sine waves as his basis, he creates beautiful moving sculptures.


If you liked this video, you should check out some more at http://www.makezine.tv/. A few others I've seen include "Bicycle Rodeo" and "Fire Sculpture." So much fun!

1 comment:

  1. I HATE YOU.
    GOD. Stanford kids totally have it easy with their short quarters and long breaks.

    ReplyDelete