Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Discover

I most definitely never would have thought that my first post (aside from the tiny opening post from before) would spawn from a letter I received from Discover.

I'd had a lot of fun making collages all year, and was rather amused when I opened this enticing orange letter to find advertising from Discover Card. The thought hit me then that making a quick, compulsive collage would make a nice debut for my blog.

Some cuts, tape, and a smashed favorite mug later, I finished.

I think the only thing I really regret is that my pastel green mug smashed as I was making this.
One of the various things I bought at the beginning of freshman year has joined another in the broken pile. At the beginning of the year, while I was settling into my dorm and into being a college freshman, I bought a cute green mug and a small lucky bamboo. Both survived my first year and marked the end of it by dying one way or another. RIP.

(Oh, and as a note, you can enlarge the image by clicking on it. Then you can actually read the amusing letter they sent me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment